Since we spend a good majority of the year living in hotel rooms across the world–we think we’ve nailed what a hotel should offer in every room. So if we ran a hotel here are some of the things you’d find in Hotel ‘le J&K
(In no particular order)
1. Huge elevators with NO mirrors. We don’t want any of these elevators that are big enough to fit 3 Victoria’s Secret models and their puppies. And who wants to see themselves jet-lagged and sweaty from lugging your bags around? maybe VS models, but not us…therefore, no mirrors.
2. Electrical outlets on or right next to the nightstand. This one is crucial. You want to have your phone charging next to you while you sleep. What if you wake up at 4am and want to see who’s called or texted you in the middle of the night? And since it’s almost 2010, everyone has their alarm clock on their phones and it might be the WORST thing ever to have your alarm blaring on the other side of the room and actually have to get out of bed to turn it off…I mean…talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Plugs, people. Outlets. Got it?
3. Loofah’s in the shower. Here’s why. If you travel a considerable amount you’ll realize that traveling with your own loofah is difficult. You can never get them completely dry so when you try and pack them, they start to get smelly…thus totally loosing their appeal or usability. And if you are reading this and don’t know what the heck we are talking about, please see the picture below
4. 24 hour kick-A room service. We’re talking normal food that you can get at home that are straight up comfort foods. Popcorn, grilled cheese, pizza, Kraft mac&cheese…(the blue box please)…cookies…yup. We’d have it all. And we’d serve breakfast all day…because most times french toast tastes best between the hours of 11pm and 3am. It’s a fact.
5. Direct TV…because, why not?!
6. Shower doors made of glass. Curtains are out. Glass is in.
7. Black-Out Curtains that allow not even the slightest crack of sunshine in. Because sometimes you want to sleep until 1pm. What? There’s nothing wrong with that!
8. Do Not Disturb BUTTONS…not a sign you hang on the door, but a button that lights up a little “Do Not Disturb” sign outside your door. Sometimes certain people play pranks on you and take the Do Not Disturb signs off your door so that Housekeeping comes and wakes you up at 8am. When it’s a button, no one can take it.