Here’s the first round of answers to ya’lls burning questions…
1. What are your plans for an upcoming album?
We are so excited that people want new music We do not have a release date as of yet–because making a record is a big, expensive project…BUT, we promise to announce a release date as soon as we have one.
2. How has such close proximity to “celebrity” affected your views on being musicians and your future in this business?
There are extreme highs and lows in this business no matter what level you are at…you have to love what you do in order to withstand the lows and sacrifices that this job entails…but the highs are definitely worth it
3. Starbucks or Dunkin’?
Starbucks for hot….Dunkin’ for iced. Bam.
4. Whats your secret to having such amazing hair?
Jill: Amazing hair? Hats.
Kate: My friends make fun of me for having greasy hair…so it’s funny that people out there might think I have amazing hair. My secret weapon to fight the “bad hair days” is dry shampoo. It’s amazing…and it gives you tons of volume. Klorane makes it…I use it like it’s going out of style. Haha.
5. What are your goals for 2008?
Have fun. Be happy. Do good. (Not necessarily in that order)
6. Is there a plan to tour in Europe?
It’s not in the immediate plans, but you guys are awesome and we hope to do that eventually.
7. Where has been your favourite place to visit on the tour?
Kate says…London baby! Jill says…Australia and Cardiff.
8. Did you get to do much touristy-type sightseeing?
We didn’t have a whole lot of free time–one of the highlights was doing a scavenger hunt in Cardiff It was an awesome way to see the sights and have some good laughs while doing it.
9. Were there any of the shows that you particularly enjoyed more than the others?
It’s hard to pick a favorite–every show is a blast.
10. Will you release your music in Europe esp. Germany, as well??
Our current music is available on iTunes and on our website. We do ship overseas. It will be the same for our new music
11. Jill, what’s the one biggest thing that Kate does that annoys you and Kate what does Jill do that drives you craaaazy?
Jill says: Kate is a multi-tasker…a chronic multi-tasker. And I am a uni-tasker…you can see the problem.
Kate says: Jill’s idea of being on time is being 10 minutes early….I am not like this…
Great guys…that last question just broke up the band…HAHA…just kidding.
12. What’s your fav song of the ones you have written? And why?
Jill says: A tie between Alive and East Coast Bound….East Coast Bound because I love where I’m from and Alive because I just love the song.
Kate says: A song called Who Will Cry. We’ve never released it–but it’s the most therapeutic song I’ve ever written or been a part of.
13. When is Jill going to rock the side-ponytail during a concert?
If I gave that information away, it would not be sacred.
14. When did you write your first songs?
Jill started writing songs in Junior High, Kate started shortly thereafter. We met at a music program in college and wrote our first song together there…it was called Stained. That’s right….we shared that with you. Haha…
15. What do you look for in a guy?
Kate says: Honesty. Someone who is super fun…like me…haha. Tall. Not a tool. Can’t spend more time getting ready than me…or wear more jewelry than I do.
Jill says: Gotta have a sense of humor. Tall. Awesome. Easy-going. And He can’t be a Yankees fan But we’ll take what we can get
16. If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?
Both of us say: J.T.T. That’s right…Jonathan Taylor Thomas…but only if we were 12 again.
17. Out of your songs, which is your favourite to perform live?
Our current fav to perform live is Finding My Own Way….be looking for that one on the new album
18. What inspired you to become singers?
We both found music to be our safe place when we were kids…even though we didn’t know each other, we were obsessed with the same artists and addicted to recording songs off of the radio onto our cassette tapes. All hail the early 90′s.
19. Did you guys see the front row at Manchester rocking out with our side ponytails?
How could we miss it??? You guys are awesome
20. Uhmm Kate…are you sure that thing was a hairdryer???
Well…I hope so Haha.
21. If you had to make a CD with only 5-10 of your favorite songs ever, what would be on it?
We are each choosing 7 songs…this is a hard question.
Rain- Patty Griffin
Walking in Memphis-Marc Cohn
Mr. Jones-Counting Crows
Are You Still Mad?-Alanis Morissette
Love is Overrated- The Ataris
Whenever You Call-Mariah Carey and Brian McKnight
When It Don’t Come Easy-Patty Griffin
My Song-Brandi Carlile
22. What was the first concert you went to? Most recent? Favorite?
Kate says: August 16th, 1992…Amy Grant. It changed my life. I still have my ticket stub Most recent…Lady Antebellum at a club in Nashville. Favorite…Patty Griffin at the Hotel Cafe in LA. Front row…I cried for the first 3 songs straight.
Jill says: 1994. Steven Curtis Chapman. And Jill says the same thing about the other two questions…except she didn’t cry for the first 3 songs….her tear ducts are stronger than mine
More to come….